March 19, 2020
UPDATED: January 4, 2020
So...you want to give back during these challenging times through donating blood at Western New York's ONLY community blood bank?
First, thank you!
Second, there are a few things to keep in mind...
1. Please make an appointment. We recommend making an appointment, although we are taking walk-ins on a limited basis.
2. ConnectLife is committed to keeping our staff and donors safe, and we are appropriately spacing out donors 6 feet apart at all blood drives and blood centers.
The CDC has updated their COVID guidelines to recommend that all individuals wear some type of fabric covering over their nose and mouth. In light of this recent update, our staff is wearing masks starting 4/7/2020. We ask that you come to your appointment with a mask as well. If you don't have one, one will be provided to you.
3. Our website ConnectLifeGiveBlood.org is the best place to find all up-to-date blood drive including locations, information, hours, appointments, etc.
4. Another way to make an appointment is to call 716-529-4270. Our team is working diligently to answer all calls and return calls as fast as possible.
5. It is safe to donate blood. ConnectLife values the health and safety of all donors and staff. We maintain policies requiring that all facilities and equipment undergo frequent cleaning and disinfection as part of an ongoing infection control program. We are sanitizing and disinfecting after every donation. (Have more questions? Read through our coronavirus and blood donation FAQs)
6. For donor eligibility questions, read our Donor Guidelines here.
7. If you have any questions, please reach out to us. We are in this together.