March 19, 2020
UPDATED: March 29, 2020
So you want to give back during these challenging times through donating blood at WNY's ONLY community blood bank?
First, thank you!
Second, there are a few things to keep in mind...
1. Please make an appointment to donate. We will no longer be taking walk-ins. It is critical that you book appointments into April, specifically after April 6, 2020.
2. ConnectLife is committed to keeping our staff and donors safe, and we are appropriately spacing out donors at all drives and centers. ConnectLife has had to limit appointment slots and staffing in an effort to social distance as much as possible and keep our community safe. We are doing what we can to help flatten the curve, but we still need donors.
Watch a video about the blood donation process here.
3. Our website ConnectLifeGiveBlood.org is the best place to find all up-to-date blood drive including locations, information, hours, appointments, etc.
4. Another way to make an appointment is to call 716-529-4270. Our team is working diligently to answer all calls and return calls as fast as possible.
5. It is safe to donate blood. ConnectLife values the health and safety of all donors and staff. We maintain policies requiring that all facilities and equipment undergo frequent cleaning and disinfection as part of an ongoing infection control program. We continue to monitor the CDC, local and state health departments to ensure appropriate local protocols and guidelines, such as updated/additional guidance for cleaning and disinfection, are followed. (Have more questions? Read through our coronavirus and blood donation FAQs)
6. For donor eligibilty questions, read our Donor Guidelines here. Or you can call our nurses line at 716-529-4272 to speak with someone directly.
7. If you have any questions, please reach out to us. We are in this together.