ConnectLife Club - Inspiring a future generation of community lifesavers
The ConnectLife Club is a sponsored, multi-disciplinary program that aims to educate and inspire young adults to increase local blood donations and enrollments on New York’s Donate Life Registry. As club members, students plan, develop, and implement a campaign within their school community to increase awareness about organ, tissue, and blood donation. Club members also complete a service project by hosting a ConnectLife blood drive.
Students involved in the ConnectLife Club have an opportunity to develop leadership and communication skills. Involvement in the Club provides students with skills they can apply in future academic and work related activities. This club also allows students the opportunity to establish themselves as members of the community through promoting a blood drive, running a donor registry drive, and volunteering at outreach events.
ConnectLife provides partner schools and advisors with interactive webinars, digital and print materials, and individualized support to help achieve club goals and be a resource to educators.
2021-2022 ConnectLife Club
This school year, our goal is to provide turnkey educational offerings for students of all ages in the areas of biology, anatomy and body systems, civic engagement, marketing and communications, service and leadership.
- Webinar series - (live and recorded) with supporting virtual content: lesson plans and activities, patient stories, printed and digital materials. (total of 6 to be held throughout the school year). Club advisors/students must a minimum of 4 of the 6 webinars)
- Campaign – Student club members will lead a multifaceted awareness campaign within their school and/or community focused at increasing local blood donors and registry enrollment. The campaign can and should include at least 2 of the following elements: social media, print, video, face to face.
- Blood Drive – Partner schools will host at minimum 2 club led blood drives. Club members and advisors are responsible for recruiting and scheduling blood donors for the drives to help save local lives. An annual goal will be discussed with your Partner Relations Associate and decided upon based on the club’s historical average. We've created materials for you to use to help you find and educate donors and get them excited about donating blood. Click here to access the files and information.
- Student panel/presentations – ConnectLife will hold a symposium at the end of the school year (virtual or in person) where clubs/students will have the opportunity to present to ConnectLife leadership, elected officials and school leadership, their final campaigns and impact statements.
As a school partner you will:
- Identify 1-2 faculty/staff points of contact to act as club advisors
- Schedule and support 2 or more blood drives within your school community
- All clubs which host 3 or more blood drives will qualify for a tour of our Headquarters in Williamsville.
- Attend webinar series (at least 80%) attendance
- Plan and execute awareness campaign
- Nominate student(s) for scholarship
- Submit final project summary for Symposium consideration
- Provide virtual content and deliver webinars
- Provide communication and support for school community blood drives
- Provide donor giveaway to support the promotion of drive and recruitment of donors
- Provide teacher/advisor stipend – this can also be split between 2 advisors
- $500 student scholarship for each school that holds and supports 2 blood drives
For more information contact:
Sr. Director Donor Recruitment
Click Here for Benefits to Partner Schools
ConnectLife Club School Resources