(High School Education; can also be used for Community, Churches, and Businesses)
This program provides information about blood donation to high school students or in community based settings. We will discuss the vital role that blood plays in our body, the continual need for blood in the community, and the importance of blood donation. We will focus on simple steps to a successful donation including proper meal preparation, what to wear, what to bring to a blood drive. This program can be time modified to what works in your school (10-15 presentation in the beginning of each health class; 15 minute presentation in the auditorium, etc.)
Components of Program:
· The vital role blood plays in our health.
· The ongoing need in our community for donated blood.
· The simple steps to successful blood donation.
· How one person's blood donation can save the lives of three community members?
· How blood donation can help young people assume their place as contributing members of the community.
· The powerful sense of satisfaction that comes from knowing you've made a difference in the life of another.
If you are interested in learning more about this educational offering, please contact Sarah Diina at (716) 529-4351 or firstname.lastname@example.org or submit the form below.