- One pint of blood can save up to three lives.
- One in seven people entering a hospital needs blood.
- Someone in the U.S. needs blood every two seconds.
- 37% of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood. Only 10% do annually.
- Blood cannot be artificially made.
- Red blood cells can be stored for 42 days.
- Platelets can be stored for five days.
- ConnectLife is the primary supplier of blood products for Kaleida Health, ECMC, and all the hospitals in Niagara and Wyoming Counties.
- In 2014, ConnectLife had over 25,000 presenting blood & platelet donors, for a total of over 140,000 donors since June 2007.
Make your next appointment to donate blood, access your profile, and see your donation history at ConnectLifeGiveBlood.org.